By David Rogers. January 27, 2019. BLOWING ROCK, NC — After 20 years of writing about Winterfest, it’s tough to come up with anything new to say about the Polar Plunge.
- Those people are crazy.
- Gosh, there were a lot of people watching (and egging on) their loved ones.
- What a clever, creative way to raise money for charity.
- Those charities are sadistic to ask for volunteers!
- I didn’t see the Penguin this year!
- Are Tracy Brown and Kent Graham ever going to jump again?
- I think Chetola gives them a towel and a free cup of coffee afterward.
- Who do you think came the farthest just to do this?
- Do the firemen wear some kind of heated suits, you think?
- Did they have to chip the ice this year to make a hole?
- What is the water temperature?
- I’d jump, but my wife won’t let me.
- I’ve been told to go jump in the lake many times.
- I’d do the Polar Plunge, but I am afraid my pacemaker would go haywire.
- Hey, if I jumped, I’d backstroke across the lake and back before I got out.
Well, enough of that. There reportedly were over 50 jumpers this year.