By David Rogers. May 18, 2016. BOONE, NC — A female juvenile drank approximately 10 ounces of bleach, according to the nightly shift report from Watauga County Sheriff Len Hagaman. There was no indication as to what prompted the girl to consume the liquid bleach, but she was transported by Watauga Medics to the Emergency Room at Watauga Medical Center.
Editor’s Note: The Sheriff’s shift reports do not identify addresses or names of suspects and alleged victims.
Other incidents during the evening shift to which deputies responded Tuesday evening:
- STALKING — A woman describing herself as an Ashe County resident told deputies that she was being followed and that her vehicle had been bugged. After requesting an escort to her residence in Ashe County, the responding officer told her that she could be escorted to the Ashe County line. A Deputy followed her to the Ashe County line.
- DOMESTIC DISPUTE — The shift report says, “The male and female were arguing again. The female left and went to a neighbor’s house….The female does suffer from Dementia. She did return to the residence.
- CHECKS — Business and school checks were conducted. Also the new Blowing Rock Hospital was checked on three occasions as well.
- A 9-1-1 hangup
- House alarm cancelled by alarm company prior to deputies’ arrival
- Criminal summons for an inmate in jail
- Damage to property and missing 15-year old juvenile. The juvenile has not been seen since May 16th, and has been entered as a runaway. The report says it is unknown where the juvenile may be or with whom. Other agencies have been made aware of the situation.
- Employees at the Inn at Crestwood wished to have documentation of a statue damaged by accident, apparently by a former employee.
- A missing 7-year-old juvenile was reported missing in the area of Hwy. 67 in Johnson County. “Unknown at beginning of call if juvenile was missing in NC or TN so deputies responded. Upon arrival it was found the juvenile was missing in TN and deputies helped search the immediate area. Juvenile was quickly found at another residence inside TN.
- Warrant served at Probation Office
- Female called in and was impaired. She stated that someone was coming to give her a ride and she could not give a reason for calling. Other residents did not have any problems except that she was impaired.
- TRESPASSER: Subject called about a female trespassing on their property. Suspect left prior to deputies’ arrival.