By David Rogers. May 20, 2016. BOONE, NC — While a Watauga County Sheriff’s Deputy and a Seven Devils officer assisted a Blue Ridge Electric crew with traffic control while a power line was run across NC 105 South at Rime Forest Lane, south of Foscoe, a pick-up coming from Banner Elk almost struck a utility worker holding a stop sign. The Sheriff’s Deputy on the scene investigated and arrested the driver of the pick-up for driving while intoxicated.
Other activity from the May 19, 2016 Night Shift Report:
- An inmate from Wake County Detention Center was transported to Watauga County Sheriff’s Office Detention Center
- A mailbox was reported damaged
- A court order was served at a residence on Beech Mountain
- A traffic stop resulted in a driver being cited for Driving While License Revoked and an open container
- Deputies responded to a noise complaint about someone playing loud music in a driveway, but no violation was observed after they arrived
Appalachian State Police Report for May 19, 2016:
- An unknown person(s) entered a parked vehicle belonging to a male staff member and removed personal items. Under further investigation.