Special Report to Blowing Rock News from the Town of Blowing Rock. September 14, 2016. BLOWING ROCK, NC — The Town of Blowing Rock is announcing the kickoff of a recruitment process for its next Town Manager. The current manager, Scott Fogleman, has announced that he will be stepping down at the end of January to spend more time with his family and join his spouse to help plan for the future of her business. Under the Council-Manager form of local government, the Town Manager is appointed by the Town Council. Fogleman, appointed as Town Manager in September, 2013, has been instrumental in helping the Town of Blowing Rock achieve a number of significant accomplishments including the following:
[brmed180]Blowing Rock News coverage of The Town of Blowing Rock is made possible by a sponsorship from Blowing Rock Medical Park and PLUS Urgent Care, divisions of UNC-Caldwell Health Care
- an update of the Town’s Comprehensive Plan Update completed in 2014
- passage of the 2014 general obligation bond referendum to support important capital infrastructure projects
- the adoption of a classification and pay study for Town Staff along with a four year implementation plan
- helping develop and coordinate the new Rotary Gazebo project in Memorial Park
- putting Blowing Rock on solid financial ground to protect the Town’s past and invest in its future
- completion of the Chestnut Ridge sewer pump station
- renovation of the American Legion Building
- a new Public Works facility to support critical staff and operational capabilities
- attainment of a Federal Lands Access Grant for 80% of the cost of a sidewalk from Main Street to Bass Lake
- excellent results from the first phase of bond borrowing achieving AA+ ratings from Standard & Poor’s
- execution of the first phase of bond projects including Main St. Streetscape, culvert repairs, and repaving
Fogleman plans to remain in his current position through January and to facilitate the application and interview process on behalf of the Town Council. It is anticipated that a new Manager will be on board by February 1, 2017. Applications for the Town of Blowing Rock Town Manager position may be submitted through 5:00 p.m. October 14, 2016 to the Town of Blowing Rock Human Resources Department. A job posting for the position will be prepared and communicated through typical channels next week.
Fogleman said, “I am very proud of the Council’s and staff’s achievements over the past three years. The Council has positioned the organization on strong financial footing to achieve great things over the coming years including continued execution of the general obligation bond referendum capital projects and working cooperatively with NCDOT to coordinate completion of the 321 widening project. The next Town Manager will have a great Council and staff to work with to continue moving the community forward while retaining the charm and small Town atmosphere that makes Blowing Rock such a great place to live, work and visit.”
When asked what he plans to do next, Fogleman said he first plans to finish his Town Manager role in Blowing Rock in strong fashion and then spend more time with his family including his spouse, four children, and helping to care for his 90 year old mother. He plans to stay in the area with his spouse and to spend more time with her including assisting with planning for long term growth of her business.