Special Report to Blowing Rock News from Boone Police Department. By Sgt. Shane Robbins. July 2, 2015. BOONE, NC — Five men have been arrested and charged by the Boone Police Department with Misdemeanor Solicitation of Prostitution. These arrests came as a result of a sting operation targeting the commercial sex trade utilizing local hotels.
On July 2, 2015, Boone Police utilized online advertisements offering prostitution services. In response to these advertisements, the five men were arrested after meeting an undercover police officer and agreeing to pay money in exchange for sexual services.
The arrestees were:
- Daniel Patricio Trinidad, H/M, 26 years old, Boone, NC
- John Leroy Hawkins, W/M, 53 years old, Boone, NC
- Adam Barrett Johnson, W/M, 38 years old, Deep Gap, NC
- Zeon Walton Painter, W/M, 65 years old, Apex, NC
- James Lee Brown, W/M, 54 years old, Zionville, NC
Each of the arrestees was assigned a $750 secured bond pending an August 21, 2015, appearance in Watauga County District Court.
The Boone Police Department was assisted by the Ashe County Sherriff’s Office and the Watauga County Sheriff’s Office during this operation.