Special Report to Blowing Rock News from Watauga County Sheriff’s Office. By Toby D. Ragan, Patrol Division. March 31, 2016. BOONE, NC — We have received the following
Day Shift Report from Sheriff Len Hagaman on activities of the Sheriff’s Department on March 30, 2016.
Although many of the activities and calls for service were routine, the list below also includes: a gas “drive off” and arrest, marijuana discovery, suspected speedway harassment, theft of car license plate tags, a traffic accident on Hwy. 105 involving an Activity Bus, and a shoplifting arrest, among other actions.
Day Shift Report: 03/30/2016
- 2016009646– Alarm at 404 Mabel School Road. (False Alarm)
- 2016009647– Alarm at 315 Dutch Creek Extension. (False Alarm)
- 2016009649– A deputy along with a detention officer transported four inmates from our detention center to meet the DAC bus in Hudson. 141 was busy on another transport and was picking up/ dropping off three other inmates at three different locations near Raleigh. (Transported)
- 2016009660– Deputies received a BOLO from Boone Police in regards to a gas drive off from the Speedway on Highway 105 South. The suspect vehicle was traveling south on Highway 105 towards Avery. 147 spotted the vehicle two cars ahead of him and coordinated with 112 who was on Broadstone Road. They stopped the vehicle in the 800 block of Broadstone Road. As the vehicle stopped, the driver exited and fled on foot. After a short foot chase the driver was apprehended. Both the driver and passenger, Steven Sisk and Stephanie Burnett were arrested for possessing 5+ counterfeit Instruments (US currency), larceny of motor fuel, uttering forged instrument and Felony Conspiracy. Both were placed in detention under a $75,000 bond. (Report Taken and Report Made)
- 2016009668– Deputy located a stranded motorist on US 421 South near Discovery Chevrolet. There were two vehicles on the shoulder. One of the vehicles was occupied by G “J” F who lives at xxx J R. The aroma of marijuana was in the air around the vehicles and coming from Mr. F. A small amount of marijuana was located. The subjects were changing a flat tire. (Report)
- 2016009669– Deputy located a stranded motorist on US 421 South near Yuma Lane. The yellow, large box truck was partially blocking one lane. The deputy and an SHP unit stood by until Bill’s Garage arrived to pick up the vehicle. (Situation Ok)
- 2016009675– Welfare check at xxx M C Road. The caller requested a deputy check on M H who resides at this address. The caller was concerned because M is pregnant and has been smoking, etc. The caller seemed to be more concerned about the health of the unborn baby. M was located and found to be ok. (Situation Ok)
- 2016009676– Deputy responded to the Mountain View Speedway in reference to harassment. The deputy spoke with employees / owner who stated that an unknown white male driving a newer Subaru Forester has been harassing them. They saw the vehicle a couple days prior parked on Roby Greene Road. They stated it appeared as if the male was filming the race track area. They requested extra patrol on that day but did not want us to make contact since he was on a public road. They stated today he drove onto the raceway property and was filming again. They informed him that the raceway was closed and he was trespassing. The unknown male got angry and rude with the employees and sped off to the other side of the raceway property. The employees contacted him again and asked him to leave. When they informed him the sheriff’s office had been contacted, he sped away down Roby Greene Road towards Old US 421. The employees think the male could possibly be an attorney or a private investigator hired by the neighbors who have been complaining about the raceway noise. They were unable to get the suspect’s name or his license plate number. They requested extra patrol and stated they will call if the male returns so we could ID him and they could pursue charges for trespassing. (No Report)
- 2016009681– A deputy responded to xxx D M Drive in reference to larceny. The caller stated someone had scratched or torn off her vehicle’s registration sticker while it was parked at her business. (Report taken)
- 2016009688- Deputies responded to the area of 5700 Highway 105 South in reference to a motor vehicle accident involving an activity bus. Luckily there were no injuries. Deputies assisted SHP and Foscoe FD with traffic control until the roadway was clear. (No Report)
- 2016009698- Deputy responded to xxx C Drive in reference to welfare check. The subject was found to be ok. (Situation Ok)
- 2016009701– Speak to an officer call at xxx T H Road. The caller wanted to speak with an officer in regards to an ongoing civil dispute. (No Report)
- 2016009702- A deputy responded to xxx W Road in reference to a welfare check. The father was the caller who wanted a deputy to check on his kids who were with their mother and her new boyfriend. The father stated he could hear yelling in the background while talking to the kids and was worried the kids were afraid of their mom’s boyfriend. The children were found to be ok. (Situation Ok)
- 2016009711– A deputy was stationary at the intersection of East King Street and New Market Blvd when Boone Police gave out a BOLO for a shoplifter who had just fled from Lowe’s Foods. The deputy turned into New Market Center and located the suspect who had already made it from Lowe’s Foods to the Bistro Restaurant. The juvenile suspect was stopped and detained until Boone Police arrived on scene. (No Report)
-Several civil processes were attempted and served. Warrants were also attempted with no success.
-Extra patrols were conducted in the area of the raceway on Roby Greene Road, Locust Hill Road and Benjamin Drive. Foot patrol was conducted at the Dollar General locations.